View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 05:37 PM   #59 (permalink)
totopo
Base Member

Drives: '14 370z 6mt
totopo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bshields22 View Post
Good posts carlito and street. I am doing a track day at autoclub speedway in fontana, CA in Jan. I want to see how the '12 Z hold up with a stock oil cooler first before i go ahead and look into buying an oil cooler. I will post results then
On a like ~90 degree day at acs I hit like 230 on warm up, 265ish after first full lap (usually best time) then close to 280 after 2 more full laps, where the engine is noticeably slower, then ran a cool down lap after 3 green laps which usually got it to the 260-265 range. The stock oil cooler definitely does not cut it. I would strongly recommend you plan to have cool-down laps unless you are stuck behind traffic. For a 20 minute session I think I got usually like 5-6 full laps in, not counting first warm up and ending half a lap after checker. So I did warm up, 3 laps, cool down, 1-2 laps, checker i think. Probably better if you plan warm up, 2 laps, cool down, 2-3 laps, checker. I would also recommend you treat your warm up lap like a warm up and not to go crazy and overheat your engine on a useless lap.

According to motoiq, 280F is bad

*****************************************/id/2720/project-nissan-370z--keeping-it-cool-with-a-csf-radiator-hps-hoses-and-a-nissan-motorsports-oil-cooler.aspx

edit: apperently can't link to motoiq? just search for their 370z project car.
totopo is offline   Reply With Quote