View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 02:43 PM   #57 (permalink)
street2soul
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 13 Nismo
street2soul has a reputation beyond reputestreet2soul has a reputation beyond reputestreet2soul has a reputation beyond reputestreet2soul has a reputation beyond reputestreet2soul has a reputation beyond reputestreet2soul has a reputation beyond reputestreet2soul has a reputation beyond reputestreet2soul has a reputation beyond reputestreet2soul has a reputation beyond reputestreet2soul has a reputation beyond reputestreet2soul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bshields22 View Post
Good posts carlito and street. I am doing a track day at autoclub speedway in fontana, CA in Jan. I want to see how the '12 Z hold up with a stock oil cooler first before i go ahead and look into buying an oil cooler. I will post results then
same here. wanted to know what the capabilities of OEM parts were and slowly upgrade the weak links..

honestly, I don't even sweat it at 260F. VQs are fine at that temperature with fully synthetic oil. Honestly I don't think our cars with stock oil cooler run THAT hot as most people make it out to be. 16' Vettes run over 300F on the track. I do start being cautious when I see around 270F. 10+ track days this year in TEXAS but NEVER had limp mode ever. and you definitely won't see limp mode with traffic holding you back.

here's a quick footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo0M00Pe5-I
street2soul is offline   Reply With Quote