View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 01:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
sgosh
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z 14 X6 12 TL
sgosh has much to be proud ofsgosh has much to be proud ofsgosh has much to be proud ofsgosh has much to be proud ofsgosh has much to be proud ofsgosh has much to be proud ofsgosh has much to be proud ofsgosh has much to be proud of
Talking 240Z in 1990 -> 370Z in 2016!

I can't believe it's been 26 years since I last owned a Z(a 1969, rusty, but amazingly fun-to-drive 240). Now that I have one again, I wonder why I didn't consider buying one sooner.

I ended up finding the 370Z due to a typo; I was DuckDuckGo searching for drivers for my AMD 280X (video card), and the "suggested correction" image results were, you guessed it, images of the 370Z! Sexy f'kin car! Clearly DuckDuckGo cared about my well-being.

I was enthralled, and after a bit of investigation on the Nissan web-page (332 HP! Sexy, sexy little car!) - and buttering up the wife by taking her out for breakfast - she and I popped over to a Nissan dealership to test drive one. As we approached, I wondered, would she really be okay with me picking up a two-seater? It had to pass the CFO test - as all married men know.

It turns out she loved the look, and after the test-drive - the Salesman gave us the keys and let us take it out on our own - she had a huge smile and said "just get it." She didn't have to ask twice.

And now, a few weeks on, I can say I thoroughly enjoy driving this thing, especially coming from the Acura TSX 6-speed manual I had as my daily driver. Oh humble Z, you've come a long way since 1969!

I look forward to learning all about the car: DIY section, here I come!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Z1.jpg (756.8 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Z2.jpg (738.2 KB, 31 views)

History: Pontiac-> Honda-> Datsun-> Toyota-> Chevy-> Acura.
Currently: Acura, BMW and Nissan.

Last edited by sgosh; 12-10-2015 at 01:24 PM. Reason: A few typos.
sgosh is offline   Reply With Quote