View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 07:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
njobe89
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370z BS 6MT
njobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastatikle View Post
I bought my 2009 sport Z in late May and on the 2nd day of having it the clutch pedal stuck to the floor and I was able to prop it up with my foot and brought it straight to the dealer. Dealer replicated problem and agreed to have a shop they use fix it. I drove it easy for a month after being dicked around by the shop with them saying "the parts on back order" until the pedal stuck to the floor and I couldn't get it up at all. Luckily I was a mile from my house and got it home and then towed to shop, apparently those "back ordered" parts magically appeared the next day and the car was fixed (Aug 21). The shop insisted on the fact that it was the master cylinder. They swapped it out and it has been driving as it should until tonight when I was pulling onto the highway and I felt the same soft clutch pedal feeling and instantly my gut clenched up. I struggled off the highway and got it home having to run lights and stuck in 1st. It is currently in front of my house and I'm not sure what I should do. Should I go back to repair shop and bitch at them for not fixing it (is there a warranty)? Should I get my lawyer involved or wait for that? I do not feel as though I am responsible for this since their "fix" only lasted 3 1/2 months. I am out of the 60 day period with the used dealer so I can't really go after them and when this happened last time they just told me to go to shop which I did. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
i never have that problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaedub View Post
You should have replaced it with an aftermarket CSC because Nissan factory CSC is total garbage. Go talk to the shop that worked on your car before consulting with your lawyer. With enough luck, you may be able to get it fixed at no cost.

And I don't think you're driving your car properly. The Nissan CSC is terrible but it shouldn't fail that quick. My 2010 Z still has factory CSC and I have no problem with it. It's no coincidence that the CSC failed right after you bought it. Be gentle on the clutch. GL with your repair.

with the first part... the second part i however disagree with. there is a thread about csc failures and there are more than enough people with driving less than 5,000 miles where their csc failed. there is no magic number to how long it will/can last.

Stillen CBE, Stillen Gen 3, TP's, Uprev tuned - 324whp/264tq
njobe89 is offline   Reply With Quote