View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 10:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGTV8 View Post
All good mate, meets FIA minimums. My only suggestion (speaking from experience) is to use a carbon fibre seat because in a rear impact, a fibreglass seat WILL break where it transitions from horizontal sides at the base to rib-cage wrap-around for the seat back (I broke 3 ribs in just such an incident back in the noughties which was a right PITA).

I went with a carbon seat and ali-plate back stay behind the seat-back with 1" hi-density foam cushioning.

I am talking a full-on ProdSports car but of you want maximum protection, that is it
Hmm interesting. Well the seat is a 2015. Im hoping technology has gotten better.

Only thing im worried about right now is the shoulder straps. Right now they are just tied to the OEM rear bar. Its only there so i can drive to the cage builder. What worries me though is when im fully strapped in and bend my head forward with the HANS installed the belts slide down the HANS letting my head get closer to the steering wheel! Thats a big problem. Now i know the straps should be angled up on a harness bar and not straight or at a down angle. Right now its a down angle so im guessing thats why i can slide down???