View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 09:15 AM   #51 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnchdude View Post
Not sure if I should press for the master cyl as well.
If they replace the CSC, absolutely make them replace the CMC. They are both prone to failure, and a failing seal in either one can compromise the clutch fluid and cause premature failure on the other. You don't want a failing CMC to cause your second CSC to fail even quicker.

If you question replacing the master, consider this ...
There is plenty of evidence that the OEM CSC is a piece of crap, which is a big reason why I replaced my CSC at 51K miles before it ever failed. However, in 70K miles, I've replaced the CMC three times, having never gotten more than 20K miles out of one.

The entire clutch hydraulic system blows chunks. I can't wait until there's a CMC aftermarket option that fits without modification.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote