View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 06:51 PM   #6351 (permalink)
Crux
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z 7AT
Crux will become famous soon enough

I recorded some footage from my last HPDE at Summit Point Main. I was finally solo'd for the last session and it went well. My instructor agreed with my previous instructor to bump me up to HPDE2, and I'm pretty excited to run with those guys. There are some fast drivers in HPDE2.

I've been practicing shuffle steering, but now I'm being told not to do that, but instead hold at 9 and 3 I assume a well-rounded driver knows each technique and applies them in the proper situation.

I still need major work on turn in, specifically on turns 1 and 10; and work on throttle application on corner exit. My instructor tells me I can push 10 more mph in turn 1, but i feel the front drivers tire is at max grip and beginning to plow.

I experienced fuel starve mid turn 3 and turn 9 #almostkilledmyself (not in the video). Talk about terrifying. Time to give phunk a call. After it happened, as soon as i noticed 2 "dots" missing on the gauge, I'd begin my cool down laps and pit. The extra few laps weren't worth wrecking/causing someone else to wreck/causing injury.

Any input/advice is appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg9t3k5a1zo