View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 07:49 AM   #47 (permalink)
Inspector71
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2015 Pearl White Z
Inspector71 is on a distinguished road
Default rehash

To rehash my experience. my clutch started feeling soft and spongy. I had a board of directors meeting to go to (an organization that deals with things that go bang), an hour a way. Sure enough, when I came out from the meeting (May 2014), the clutch barely worked and then hit the floorboard. I drove home late at night in 3rd gear. I had to slow or blow stop signs and was able to time lights but stayed on the highway going 55 in 3rd. I had it towed to McCarthy Nissan, Blue Springs Missouri, and they said the clutch fluid was dirty. They flushed and filled it. Worked fine...until September. Same thing, had to have it towed and they did a flush and refill. They charged me for the second event. In October, yep, happened again. They had my car a week and told me the problem was I need GTR brake fluid. Charged me over $100 to flush the old and put in the new magic fluid. Worked again but, started going spongy again in December. I traded the car. Each and every time, the service manager said she had never heard of this problem before. I copied pages from this forum and showed her. No response. I have a 2015 base model now (love it) and the new dealer, Fenton Nissan, Lee's Summit Missouri, said they never heard of this problem. So, I already know where this might go should I have a problem like this again. So why did I buy another one? I love sports cars. A car with NO back seat that has power and handles great and looks good getting there. I paid $25K for a used 2015 base, pearl white, with 2900 miles. Yep. What other sportscar can you buy for that kind of money that does all that this car does? So, what I should have done is found a way to keep the first car (red 2009). Because of the great forum members here, I know of the after market CSC ($325 bucks) and I'll bet someone on this forum can tell me who to take my car to in the Kansas City area that knows what they are doing and won't cost me an arm and a leg to change it. At this point, the csc is covered for 3 years and or 36K miles, whichever comes first. I have 3500 miles on the car. When I hit the warranty expiration, working or not, I will have the after market part put in. I won't have to worry about "when" and I get to drive a truly great sportscar.
Inspector71 is offline   Reply With Quote