View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 01:51 PM   #50 (permalink)
iBenJAMM1N
Base Member

Drives: 15 Nismo 370z
iBenJAMM1N is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleunetizen View Post
ignition timing of uprev on 370z has mind of its own.. I think it is due to some sort of knock listening or safety related limit somewhere which uprev has not figured out yet.

on my car i was able to get it up to 30 or 31deg up top I think, its been a while so I cannot remember but the car had no sign of detonation but i was not able to advance the timing any further, especially in the mid rev range where the ignition timing was considerably less aggressive. If ecutek has ability to control the timing better and actually able to make the timing advance to a point where you can hear the detonation, i would not be surprised to see at least 10~15hp gain throughout the band.

give you a tip for uprev guys.. if you want to tune an NA 370Z engine, just put crazy amount of timing advance (burn time table), it will only run up to where it allows and that is all you will get. no need to spend hours on dyno hoping to leech more out by fine tuning it.. until uprev figures out how to advance to a point where it will knock.

ecutek seems pretty promising and seems to get more popular.. i dont think we have a tuner in nz, and ecutek wont let users touch their ecu's, only by paid tuners, this is the only reason why i am still with uprev

Yes^ Im sure uprev is gonna update and be more advance. just watch
iBenJAMM1N is offline   Reply With Quote