View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 01:45 PM   #39 (permalink)
rwolfred
Base Member

Drives: 12 Nissan 370Z Bk M6
rwolfred is on a distinguished road
Default Same issue

The same thing just happened to me.

Clutch started feeling soft, then went to the floor. Managed to get into and stall it in a parking lot. Hydraulic fluid was leaking pretty bad underneath.

Had it towed from there to Nissan where they determined the slave cylinder was bad. I was about 1000 miles and 2 months out of warranty. I complained (politely) that this is not something that should go this early, particularly since I don't race or abuse the car. I asked if there was anything they can do to extend the warranty in this case.

The manager was very nice and understanding. He said he'd talk to the warranty dept. and see what they can do. Got back to me a couple days later and said it's a $341 repair and Nissan will cover $300 of it.

If you express your displeasure firmly yet respectfully, they'll typically work with you to keep you a happy customer. Of course this can also depend on the person you're talking to. I've been taking my car to this dealership for about 3 years and have gotten to know the manager there.

The clutch has been fine since, however, its only been a couple weeks since the repair. I'm hoping I don't have a reoccurring issue like you. Best of luck!
rwolfred is offline   Reply With Quote