View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 07:17 PM   #369 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

With the billet manifold layout we are using on my car, we are limited on runner length due to what the CNC can get at inside the runners. Without longer runners, we wont be able to produce the mid-range gains that you saw on 1slow370z's one-off setup. But there might be some top-end gains to be found in the higher rev-range. We shall see.

The design concept that was originally posted in this thread, while it has evolved a lot since what was posted here, is still not finished and ready to try and produce. We are reverting back to a layout that is easier for us to produce without having to cast anything or out-source anything, and it will be not entirely unlike our billet DE manifolds (except we are not going to do the front throttle relocation). This is due to the time crunch as the rest of my car is progressing and it will need an intake manifold. We (the community) also has some designs coming out from at least 2 other sources, maybe more, that we would like to watch un-fold.

As for bigger throttles, for my car no, I dont need them. But with a full billet manifold, its not a big deal to make small changes like that per order. Thats what we are doing with the DE manifold we are cutting right now... he wanted it to fit a 90mm Bosch electric throttle and we customized the plenum shape and entry angle for his build.

Last edited by phunk; 11-30-2015 at 07:20 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote