View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 04:47 PM   #9580 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterbeatty View Post
Yha since I have oil baseboard I had to wire in a 24vdc power supply to power the wifi. But I dropped it on the floor when I was moving something around.
ouch.. yah, the lux brand one can support the 24vdc. im not familiar with home hvac systems though so kinda went for the 'easy to install' 'easy to setup' kinda amazon reviewed model. and there was a reviewer with a very similar problem i was having that this new thermostat fixed so that sealed the deal for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
We've had a Nest for a couple of years now. The thing works great. AC/heat comes on way less frequently than the old thermostat, and the bonus of being able to adjust the temp while laying in bed is awesome
very nice. i like how they are round and colorful too. makes for a modern looking house. my furniture is contemporary so wouldve been a great fit.