View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 04:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
moore.speed
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Touring 6MT
moore.speed is on a distinguished road

For a DD, I'd recommend Centric Posi-Quiet pads. This is what I am using with my Akebono's and slotted rotors. I have been happy with them.

Here is a description of different pads offered from Z1 Motorsports:

Pads
Centric Posi-Quiet Ceramic brake pads are the recommended choice for most vehicles due to their low dust and good performance. These pads are used for street cars and weekend warriors that choose to swap pads before track days. OEM Nissan brake pads are the same pads they put on the cars from the factory, dusty, long life, non aggressive pads. StopTech Performance brake pads offer similar low dust and low noise characteristics as the Posi-Quiets and offer more linear performance regardless of temperature for a more predictable feel for spirited driving and light track use. Hawk HPS 5.0 brake pads "offer more stopping power and get resistance to brake fade, elevating your street car’s performance". Hawk Performance Ceramic brake pads offer low dust, low noise, and a linear friction profile in a wide heat range. Hawk HP Plus brake pads are ideal for track events. On the street the dust and noise output may not be desirable. Carbotech Performance brake pads are for the track. These aggressive pads, with their predictable friction, initial bite, and heat tolerance, will provide the confidence necessary to complete track events.