View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 11:03 AM   #38 (permalink)
x2o
Base Member

Drives: Boosted 370z
x2o has a reputation beyond reputex2o has a reputation beyond reputex2o has a reputation beyond reputex2o has a reputation beyond reputex2o has a reputation beyond reputex2o has a reputation beyond reputex2o has a reputation beyond reputex2o has a reputation beyond reputex2o has a reputation beyond reputex2o has a reputation beyond reputex2o has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, I just don't understand why this valve is so difficult to get working right on my car. I followed your recommendation EVO and adjusting with a vac line out of the car, ended up having to trim the spring a tiny bit to get the piston wide open at idle. While this setting held idle great, the valve wasn't closing off on accel and car basically wouldn't pass 2500rpm. Tightened it some but its still venting off early. Part throttle driving the car went into limp mode, assuming cause it detects a massive air leak? No SES or warnings though.

Car is also running pig rich, leaving soot everywhere.

I'm usually up to the challenge of tinkering until I get things right, but I'm honestly considering going back to the sh*tty plastic valve. I don't want to harm the engine by running too rich..

Before that, I'm going to drop in the pink spring just to see how it acts with a stiffer spring. I've tried going softer and softer and softer but with no luck. Currently she drives great on the highway under heavy load, but getting it right for light throttle around the city is the tough part..
Whiteline: 27mm Front | 24mm Rear | Swift Springs

Last edited by x2o; 11-27-2015 at 02:34 PM.
x2o is offline   Reply With Quote