View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 08:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
40 to 332
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 13 370Z BS M6 Sport
40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustindung View Post
Looks like it's my turn to deal with the slave cylinder issue.

My slave cylinder went out last week. 2009 with 65,000 km (41,000 miles). After researching the issue on the forums I immediately ordered the Zspeed replacement.

My mechanic installed it today - unfortunately no matter how tight he tightens the bleeder screw, fluid is still leaking out. Has anyone ever has this problem? Is there an easy fix? Car is now stuck at the garage and I totally forgot it's Thanksgiving in the U.S. I'm not expecting to hear back from Zspeed until Monday so I've come to the good ol' forum seeking advice. I've attached a pic for reference.

I fear having to pay the labor to drop the transmission again *shudder*.
I recall a post a few months ago where an owner reported a similar problem with the bleeder screw. You may want to do a quick search. If I recall correctly, the owner intended to contact Joe at Z Speed … but then things went silent. Other than replacing the bleeder screw itself and/or wrapping the threads with some Teflon tape (or using some Permatex thread sealant), I'm not sure what else to suggest. I agree that it would be a complete PITA to have to drop the tyranny again just to replace the screw. There must be another solution.
40 to 332 is offline   Reply With Quote