View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 06:43 PM   #70 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Ok all done!

So what we did was cut a 4" hole through the frame rail. As this will weaken the frame what Jon did was take a thick thick thick piece of SS sheet steel and roll it into a perfect tube and weld the seam. Then he remeved the wide body and side skirt and welded the 4" tube to both sides of the frame rail all around. On the inside he then used some plate steel to solidly strengthen that even more.

Next he built the CBE. First i used the Motordyne XYZ pipe that ends in 3". We used his V band clamp and welded that to the XYZ pipe and to a 18" long inline res. then it has 90ish degree bend to another inline res but this one instead of a bottle type is Vibrants ultra quiet straight through res. its really just a bigger oval res vs a smaller perfect circle res. then he used another flex coupler. Now i know the xyz pipe has 2 flex already but the reason he used a 3" flex right before it goes through the frame is because that section is solidly bolted to the frame rail. Reason he did that is we didnt want a 3" pipe banging inside a 4" pipe. The last bit of 3" pipe going through the frame through the 4" pipe has a 600 degree silicone coupler around it and DEI titanium wrap around it filling the 1/2" gap solidly. The exhaust tip if you will is solid and going no where!! Now to remove he used a band strap on the ultra quiet res to the flex coulper and of course remove the v band up front.

Thoughts?? Its amazing!! The craftsmanship is A+!! The sound is 100% different than what i had but its good! Loud loud loud on start up but quiet during idle. Highway sounded good with little to zero drone and rasp is zero! Its very very deep and throaty! On start up it reminded me of a exhaust cutout but not while driving.

Cant wait to be tuned!! Car had a lot deleted and all new cai, new injectors, fuel etc so no WOT yet! Tune to come!!

Last edited by synolimit; 11-25-2015 at 06:47 PM.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote