View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 10:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
eastwest2300
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '16QX70/'21 Supra3.0
eastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWeez View Post
For anyone who hates their stock clutch pedal feel and wants a relatively cheap alternative to the clutch/flywheel install, I recommend buying the RJM clutch assembly. Although their website does a fantastic job with instructions, I felt I would share my experiences

First off, you don't NEED the swivel joint or needle nose pliers if you don't have them (they make life easier if you do though).

::For the claustrophobic::
After 3 attempts at removing the stock assembly by going on my back with both hands under the dash, I had panic attacks and had to quit
There was no way I was going to pay someone to work on my car, I've been doing this for 10 years. Sooo, I worked mostly on my knees and leaned over the side skirt using one hand the entire time

The top three hardest parts of the install were:
3- Taking the stock assembly out over the rod using one hand
2- Putting the pedal arm with spring into the main bracket and sliding the fulcrum pin in
1- Doing it all alone and sober (Don't try at home)

I was going to make a video but I couldn't even see the s**t that was going on under there so it would have been terrible
yes! I'm totally agreeing with you on this one here.