View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 02:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
jffarraro
Base Member

Drives: 370Z
jffarraro is on a distinguished road

Well - after driving it for a few days, my impressions have changed a little. I have grown to like the sound even more - especially at mid to low RPMs. I pulled out of a covered garage spot right next to a new V8 Jag F-Type - which has a fantastic sounding exhaust - the GTHaus was better - not kidding. (I'm also a classical guitarist - were known for our fixation on tone....the tone (not loudness) was genuinely more full and purring than the Jag's). I have a 2013 Roadster which is otherwise stock, though optioned out. The tone at full throttle with the top down is a bit ear shattering, but unless I'm driving it hard to high RPMs- its not too loud.

I did not install it myself - I was going to, but opted to pay the $140 to have it installed to save myself aggravation, skinned knuckles, and broken fingernails (important to classical guitarists). They did not reset the ECU. I thought about this - From my old turbocharged Miata days, if the computer is adaptive (assume it is -all modern ones are) it should figure out any adjustments on its own, eventually. Let me know if there is any other advantage to resetting the ECU other than having the computer adapt more quickly.

As for price - I bought the Y- and Mid section, and of course the muffler pack - so full cat back. The total price was around $2700. As some have mentioned - quite a hit to the pocketbook. However - I will say (again referring to my engineering background) you definitely get what you pay for - the fit and finish, to include the quality of the welding, was top grade - and its not the easiest thing in the world to weld thin walled stainless steel tubing. Overall, its about $1000 over many other exhausts - is it that much better? To me it is - Aside from the remarkable sound and performance, I'd rather spend a little more and know I'm getting something that will not corrode and will not likely fail a weld.

There are lots of sound clips for the GTHaus but I'll see if I can get some snaps of it installed - its just as impressive to look at....

J
jffarraro is offline   Reply With Quote