View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 01:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Follow Up

The new hoses eliminated the oil mist build up and leaks at the PCV. Now next issue: the Godspeed catch cans. These things leak all over the place, and is probably the culprit of 95% of the vacuum leaks. I've been hearing a hissing sound, and I thought it was the air flowing through the barb into the cans. Turns out it was the clear hose on the side of the can acting as a gauge. I temporarily taped it up, and it fixed some of the surging issue. Later that afternoon the surging got worse again. I did a feeler test on the cans to see where else the hissing is coming from and felt vacuum in the screw hole holding the aluminum block to the can.

I ended up taking taking the cans out, removed the screw, added high temp RTV, tightened real right, and then filling the holes with JB Weld epoxy. Then I tried using RTV all over the ends of the clear tubing. Lastly, I applied JB Weld all over the aluminum block. I even retorqued the barbs as it was getting loose as well (RTV didn't seem to hold up).

As a result, the surging reduced dramatically and at times would idle stable. However it started surging again after awhile, but not as bad or enough to throw a code. I found out there's still a hissing sound on one of the cans, but I haven't pin pointed it yet.

You get what you pay for with these cheap cans that can't handle PCV pressure. I added RTV the first time only to find out more leaks. This is pretty much the reason why on reviewer said his car threw a lean code after installing the cans.

So the final verdict for the Godspeed cans: