View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 12:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Boss_302
Base Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370z S Mt
Boss_302 will become famous soon enoughBoss_302 will become famous soon enough

Starting in the middle is not the best place to start. You will never see the real benefit. You still have your choke point in the front, filters intake tubes ect. and going too large throttle body I would think the flow of the stock top intake manifold starts to comes in to play.
Money well spent is improving the flow to the stock throttle body's and get the most out of them, filters and intake tubes. Next if you are skillful, you can clean up the upper intake, its not that hard to do , you just have to be careful and smart about it, or go the safe way and buy one from Z-1 or deal with one of the other options on the forum. I porting the top myself, using high speed cutters that you would use on aluminium , I found a variable speed hand drill worked the best. It gave me more control working with the plastic composite manifold. The stock intake setup is pretty efficient for what it is, it has a few rough spots that need to be address, but the gains are marginal, you are not going to find 50 HP.
Boss_302 is offline   Reply With Quote