Thread: MAZOC Firearms
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 12:22 PM   #2321 (permalink)
VABAM
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with VDC off.
VABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post

Thank you for all that!

I ordered it in black. I'm about to order some M3 PMags and Aimpoint PRO.

Next up will be finding some open land to shoot on, otherwise I just get to plink at 25 yards indoors.

25 yards is great for practicing for home defense. I do agree it is nice to get out on some open land. The public outdoor ranges in my area have gotten very restrictive on how you can shoot. No rifles on the 25 yard range even if they are pistol calibers. No standing and shooting rifles or shotguns, must be from a rested position. All this is due to idiots at the range.

Thankfully my dad is the member of a hunt club with a private range that goes out to 300 yards. Well, actually it is a dirt road out in the middle of no where.

Be aware the Tavor’s sight rail sits lower than on an AR-15 (with relationship to the stock). This is due to the charging handle on an AR-15. You might need a riser for your optic. Most guys (and gals ) who are used to the AR-15/M16/M4 find when mounting optics that would be standard height on an AR-15 are too low for them on a Tavor. It is all about where you rest your face on the stock. For me I like having the stock higher up on my check so standard AR-15 height sights work perfectly for me.

If you find you need your optics higher, the Bullpup Armory has some simple and cost effective solutions.

Also if you find that the Tavor’s grips are a little too slick like I did; Talon Grips make grip tape panels for the pistol grip and foregrip. They make them in a rubber texture and a granulated texture (aka sandpaper style like on skateboards). I got the rubber texture. A little bit of a PITA to get them on but they made a huge difference. Also they are not a permanent change so you can take them off or replace them later.

Talon Gun Grips Tavor Pistol Grip