View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 12:33 AM   #17 (permalink)
BOLIO 671
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: To & From then Back
BOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
Go around bottlenecks. Don't be boring.

OP....considering ur experience with cars the install should be a breeze...average time for install with experienced mechanics is 10-12hrs....ur right....the most challenging part is the manifold bolts on the left side (right side when facing motor).....very tight and u have to nail down the bend with the wrench tool that comes with the kit in order to torque it.....

If you are gonna get coolers (I.e. oil cooler, trans cooler, Frozenboost Heat Exchanger) keep in mind ur real estate in front of your radiator will be taken up.....A lot of people talk about getting better cooling cuz of heat soak, but the way I look at it these cars run hot and heat soak even when running N/A......so the heat soak is not a new issue and isn't necessarily caused by the Supercharger as these cars run hot to begin with......Investing in better cooling is best for both N/A or F.I. when using the 370Z/VQ as a platform. Going with the Frozenboost Heat Exchanger and the CSF Triple Pass Radiator are great upgrades....u could also go replace ur thermostat to either a Nismo thermostat or an 08 G37 Thermostat which open up at lower temps compared to the stock thermostat in the Z's......from what Ive read these thermostats are better options over the Mishimoto one that is poor in quality and throws CELs. Again these cooling options all depend on ur weather. ..
2013 Nismo Z34 / FI TT #091 / IG: @lilzilla_z34

Last edited by BOLIO 671; 11-23-2015 at 09:24 PM.
BOLIO 671 is offline   Reply With Quote