View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 06:38 PM   #33 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldnt have different drag radial wheels either, I just drive on drag radials full time. I do have a set of 15" wheels for even better drag radials that I occasionally put on though.

Ya 19" makes the tires really low profile on a car that uses such a small diameter tire. 18" would be better. Having sidewall allows the tire to conform to the pavement better and will tolerate the compression camber more when you have some sidewalls and put the tire pressure lower.

Depending on your setup, you might have to change your wastegate spring to use boost by speed. A boost controller cannot allow you to turn your boost down, only up... so if your wastegate spring is high enough that you have traction issues, you would change the spring out for a lower one, then use the boost controller to increase boost with speed.