View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 10:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
GraphiteZ
Base Member

Drives: 05 Elise and 13 GTI
GraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond repute

Bought a new Subaru Forester last year. Walked to a dealership in a morning, test drove and negotiate for about 30 mins and got a deal for $1k off MSRP. Left and went back to do more homework. Found the same car I want in TrueCar for $3k off MSRP. Accepted and printed the offer, guess what, it was the same dealer I went to in the morning. Made a few phone calls to other dealerships close by and no one can bit the offer. Went back to the dealership and the sale person I spoke to in the morning. I asked, "Why didn't you just give me a similar deal like the one you submitted to TrueCar so that I can save my trip?". He replied, "75% of their sales are from websites which have slim profit margin. They need to make up the profit from walk-in customers."
GraphiteZ is offline   Reply With Quote