View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 12:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
YzGyz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Nismo
YzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond repute

I have a set of HR rims that might fit my Z. They are 19/10 +44 offset rims. I was looking into some drag radials. I was looking into NT05 or toyor888 as i can get these at Discount tires. I'm scared that if I hook and hop with the added grip, I will bust my rear axial from the loading and unloading from wheel hop. Each hop is like pounding a on the rear drivetrain with a sledge. I don't want that.

As for what alignment are my rears set at? Probably OEM specs as I have yet to get an alignment done. I think I will on Friday at Break Check since they have a cheap plan for unlimited alignments. I might even go today.

As for the launch, I'm working on that too. IMO it's just about impossible to launch with the SZ 6puck clutch kit. It's pretty much an on/off switch. Everyone stalls taking my car out the first time. Hell, even I stall once in a blue moon if I don't pay attention. These is just no play to let you ride the clutch. I get 1/2'' to 1'' of clutch pedal travel between fully engage and fully disengage. That's why RJM is on my list.

Ad for the budget. I was hoping it would be a simple fix for like $500-$700. Darn!

Please continue to comment on what I can do to help me lay the power down. Yes $$ is limited but, They might not be in the future. However, try to keep it realistic as I have to work like everyone else for there $$.

Thanks again my friends.

YzGyz
YzGyz is offline   Reply With Quote