View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 04:50 AM   #26 (permalink)
NZNoob
Base Member

Drives: M3 SS
NZNoob is on a distinguished road

I am actually trying to find a new car after having nightmares with Used BMWs. Had all manner of E30 E24 E28 friends have E46s that are constantly broke. Always fun riding around in a car that if you go to adjust seat or turn on AC the owner goes oh don't bother its broke. I have restored several of these cars and know what it costs to keep them in any kinda order. Plenty of people drive them and do no maintenance. You always see them with no taillights and the headliner falling down and about 3 brands of tires.

I always see alot of talk on the net about OH DONT BUY THAT YOU COULD GET A USED M3. They forget to mention you will spend the difference in a few months keeping it running and then even more in the coming years. I am jaded however.

The STI was on my short list but the EJ is weak and many have blown up stock. Even the guys on the forums will admit the EJ isn't a strong motor until its built... Seems you tune and void your warranty or just get used to replacing your motor under warranty.

If the BRZ had 50-75 more HP it would be no contest.

I am now looking at a Nismo Z. Gotta find one to drive.

I entertained the M2 but looks like is going to be over 55K with any decent options and its 3500LBS .

Last edited by NZNoob; 11-14-2015 at 04:58 AM.
NZNoob is offline   Reply With Quote