View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 02:09 PM   #62 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
In 2014, angry at a constant csc problem, I rashly and foolishly sold my red 2009 base Z for a 2010 Dodge Challenger RT. After a short time, I realized i was really a sports car guy and not interested in being the captain of a 4100 pound boat (I called her the "Minnow"). I should have known. I have had 6 Rx7s and still have my 84 GSL-SE. This week, Wednesday, I go to trade my clean as a whistle black pearl RT with 32K babied miles on a 2015 "used" Z. That's when I was told my Challenger had been in a front end wreck. But, I told them, the Lee's Summit Chrysler Dodge dealership showed me a carfax and told me the car had not had any problems, recalls or accidents. They LIED through their teeth and sold me a repaired car. I wondered why the hood did not align perfectly and why, after a while, the right headlight began to wander like the light on a train locomotive. Electrical problems? Oh yeah. Now I am going to follow your footsteps. I am sure Lee's Summit Missouri Chrysler will tell me tough luck. I will ask them if the bad press they are going to receive from me is worth it? I wish you luck. I think the folks you bought the car from are a bunch of crooks.
reported accidents can take time to show up on carfax, so it may not be that your dealer lied to you.. they may just not have had the info when you bought it or when they accepted the trade.

dat's wat i meant about selling a repaired car before it shows up on carfax. the next buyer is the one that takes on the responsibilities to know wat they are buying. carfax is only a documented way to check history, but you really need to look over the car REAL well before thinking there is no problem(s) with the car. like one can fix a car by himself after hitting a tree and it would not show up on carfax if unreported.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote