View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 10:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
ladyschayde
Base Member

Drives: 12 370Z Touring Sprt
ladyschayde is on a distinguished road

So when you removed it, what did you do about the climate controls? I bought the new interior pieces with the cubby and the three dial climate control unit so the bottom kit can be replaced, but the pin out is different for the non-nav climate controls and the nav climate controls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokugawa View Post
Greetings,

Just some information about the factory Navigation system and those of you who want to change your systems out. I own a 2010 370Z Convertible and I have been thinking of replacing the Navigation system/Radio in the car. I have read a lot of information on line that many other owner have said, no don't change it and that everything is linked to it. While yes this to a certain extent is true. I decided to myth bust this theory over the weekend.
I disconnected the Navigation system, and I had no issues with any of my lights working.
While I agree this is true to a certain extent, such as seeing the temperature on the screen when you turn the air up or down, or even when a call comes through on your phone, yes I agree you will loose this functionality.
I do have a limited edition "Z"...1 out of 64 however unless my "Z" is one that was made differently than all the others ever produced, this should be applicable to any owners that want to change out their Navigation system(s).
Hit me up if you have nay questions
ladyschayde is offline   Reply With Quote