View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 07:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Inspector71
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2015 Pearl White Z
Inspector71 is on a distinguished road
Default back in the fold/need advice

I posted last May through December, a constant csc problem with my red 2009
base model Z. I loved the car but the dealer fix was cleaning and refilling the reservoir at my expense and then going to DOT 4. I got angry, impatient, and traded it for a 2010 Dodge Challenger RT.

Dodge highs: power and torque off the line

lows: huge car, felt like I was driving an SUV, no steering feedback,
terrible gas mileage, no handling, and did I mention huge?

On Wednesday, I traded it this past Wednesday for a 2015 "used" base model
Z. It is white pearl with a black interior and a six speed manual. This was what I had and wanted. NO frills just fun. I paid $25K with 3K miles on the Z.

Now the bad part. The place where I bought the Z does not use CarFax. I don't recall what they use, but, it showed my Challenger had been in a front end collision (no wonder the hood looked a little off) and had been fixed by insurance at 11K miles (when I bought the car in December of 2014, it had 19K miles, no wonder). I felt sick. The Dodge dealer here in Lee's Summit Missouri showed me a car fax and said the car had never had any work done on it or any problems. They did NOT disclose it had been crashed and said it had been in no accidents. My problem is, I bought it as is. But they lied to me and this cost me big time for a trade in. I don't plan to let this rest. Do I start with Better Business Bureau? I am going to contact the dealer. I am sure they will say to bug off. I am going to ask them if the money I lost on the trade will be worth the bad publicity I am going to make sure they get from coast to coast. Any suggestions?
As to the car being noisy, blind spots, and so forth, I bought a fun sports car and that is part of the fun.
Inspector71 is offline   Reply With Quote