View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 01:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tokugawa
Base Member

Drives: 2010 1 of 27 370Z's
Tokugawa has a reputation beyond reputeTokugawa has a reputation beyond reputeTokugawa has a reputation beyond reputeTokugawa has a reputation beyond reputeTokugawa has a reputation beyond reputeTokugawa has a reputation beyond reputeTokugawa has a reputation beyond reputeTokugawa has a reputation beyond reputeTokugawa has a reputation beyond reputeTokugawa has a reputation beyond reputeTokugawa has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2010 370Z Navigation System Swap Update -Nailed it.......YOU CAN SWAP

Ok so I installed a new head unit and added a Bluetooth steering wheel controller. Everything is fine, no system error messages, all functionality of the steering wheel controls work.

My verdict: You can swap out the NAV system contrary to what is posted, I have successfully completed the swap with 0% functionality loss.

This is not to say that anything posted about the Bose system(s) by previous users isn't true. I am just saying through my testing and actual switch out everything is working.

AC Climate controls: Nissan produce 3 separate Bezels with the climate controls. I'm using the 370Z dash kit which will allow me to take use the base model climate control(s) and mount a Double Din Radio. Nissan verified that the part will work from 10/2008 i.e. 2009 up to 2015. So the climate control(s) are all interchangeable.

Double Din Location: I have installed the new head unit and will use the Double Din kit, this is eliminating the factory radio all together.

LC6 processor - I use to utilize a LC6 but this has been totally removed.

Factory speakers: (upgrade at some point to come) are running into my head unit with output to my amps (NO LC6) and they are working fine, 0% issues.

Some of you(s) posted that several users failed attempting this swap. I cant understand why, this was pretty easy and everything just flowed. I attached a few pics (more to come when my build is complete..

Till Then happy swapping
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0177.JPG (426.8 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0426.JPG (165.9 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0191.jpg (34.5 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0151.jpg (96.5 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0152.jpg (82.3 KB, 82 views)

Last edited by Tokugawa; 11-12-2015 at 01:30 PM.
Tokugawa is offline   Reply With Quote