View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 09:38 AM   #5791 (permalink)
burntz
Base Member

Drives: 15 370 Sport 7AT
burntz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leingod View Post
I'd love to have an instructor and go on a track. No idea how or where or when or anything about doing this in Central NY.
NASA Northeast | National Auto Sports Association North East

nasa was who I started with at Sebring, they use their higher level drivers to instruct the newer drivers ( the experienced drivers get a rate cut for doing it) and you get to learn how to drive at speed safely(ish) which saves the track and clubs from higher insurance rates (I forget the exact numbers but IIRCC they announced an insurance cost of like $3500 for the last event weekend)

(now I just drive the 370z around Sebring in Forza :-( ...)

Ah, Starke, was in the state psychiatric hospital there for a while (as a case manager, not an 'inmate' (life lesson learned; you can't argue with crazy)
I didn't know they had a road course, they're semi-famous for the dirt rally school/course; hmm 199$, nice.... How many hours does the day run?

(Bluemax headlight restorer and then Bluemax sealer spray, rubbed by hand for cleaning the headlights; I said next time he came over I'd breakout the PC r/o polisher and polish his turd of a car, the 1/2" around the headlights became shiny with just the overlap of the edge cleaning)