View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 10:05 AM   #47 (permalink)
enguyen88
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z Silver 6mt
enguyen88 is on a distinguished road

I had a great experience at CarMax. They even gave me almost what I was going to sell my G37 for as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissCheese View Post
Apparently I am in the minority here, as having a (mostly) positive experience with Carmax.

I purchased my NISMO from CarMax last year. I had been looking at Z's for awhile on their site, and all of their NISMOs seemed to be priced dead-on for what they had been selling for at other dealers (as opposed to the usual mark-up they have on their cars).

The one I decided on, I paid $500 (in addition to the purchase price) to have shipped from Arizona to Iowa. It was very clean, had low miles, etc. When the sales lady was pulling it around for me to test drive, she ran over (and got stuck on) one of those concrete parking block things at the ends of parking spaces (see random Google picture below).

(NOT a photo of the parking lot in question)

After 5+ techs came running out to get it off the block, they take it back and put it on a lift to inspect it for damage. They even let me come back and inspect it myself. The only damage was a couple of scratches underneath. Without having to ask or raise a fuss, CarMax refunded me the $500 I paid for shipping regardless of whether or not I decided to purchase it.

Fast forward to 1 year later, and I'm still happy with my purchase!
enguyen88 is offline   Reply With Quote