Thread: Birdman's Build
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 11:22 AM   #34 (permalink)
birdman71
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People Crazy!
birdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejuanito View Post
I know the car gets hot a lot but as long as it doesn't go into limp mode, what are the benefits of the oil cooler besides keeping the temps low? I mean, does it result in a better driving experience, smother shifting?
Well just in general when your car gets hotter into the 240-250F range consistently like when you're sitting in hot freeway traffic down where we live you have a chance of seals or spark plugs or something melting or failing. When you have it between the 200-230F range consistently is when you have the most engine life as well.

If you're in the market for an oil cooler and believe every review you hear then I would suggest going with like Z1's oil cooler or going with a Setrab. Although some more modification to get the oil cooler to fit will take place depending on your year. I've hear of power steering cooler replacements and other fluid reserves being moved or taken out. Also depends on how they install the oil cooler.
Plus in this day and age, products can be made in America but parts to make the part that is made in America are bought from China and Japan. So in my eyes if the part fails it was how the part was made. No two parts are made the same in production with car parts.

With my Mishimoto 19 row thermostatic oil cooler all that had to be done was to remove the Windshield washer fluid reserve. lol. I also had a product from mishimoto that was missing the bracket to hold the oil cooler to the radiator and called them up and they had it in the mail from China and at my door in 2.5 weeks that was including their investigation through my purchase order. Very friendly customer service over there.

Buy what you can afford but also remember that some reviews mean something but some are just another persons experience.
Like our CSC on Z's going out. That is a review that should not be missed when buying this vehicle, and most don't miss it. If someone has a part fail due to another part installed on their car, well that was just an unfortunate coincidence, not that the product is bad or doesn't work.

Birdman's Build:
Powerhouse Amuse/ Nismo/ Eibach/ ACT/ Tommy Kaira/ Avant Garde/ Fast Intentions/ Project Kics/ Fly 1 Motorsports/ EVO-R/ Z1 Motorsports/ Weber Sports/ Zoom/ Zele Japan
birdman71 is offline   Reply With Quote