View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 09:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
dant1127
Base Member

Drives: NA
dant1127 is on a distinguished road
Talking Out of the Frying Pan....

So, after a grueling 3.5 months, I got my Z back!! A few kinks to work out from the wreck still (door rattle, damaged seat heater, small stuff) but I couldn't be happier to give that Corolla back.

Nor for the fun part... I need a new transmission! Synchros were worn when I bought it, and my extended warranty is going to cover a new transmission (as well as most of the labor for the parts listed below.) Since the tranny will be out, I might as well do a few upgrades. Wanted some advice from my fellow Z owners to make sure I'm not forgetting something important...

I don't track my car at all, but I do drive it hard. Has 54k on it. I hate my stock "clutch" (or on-off pedal,) and the stock flywheel takes FOREVER to wind down. I'm aiming to have a clutch I can actually manage in traffic, while allowing to shift smoothly and prolong the seemingly inevitable destruction of my 5th and 6th gear synchros on my new transmission. So, what I'm thinking...

RJM Clutch Pedal
South Bend DXD Steel Flywheel
(Lighter than stock, still DD manageable)
South Bend Stage 2 Daily Kit w/ Quiet Disk
(can't seem to find reviews on stage 1, but everyone with stage 2 daily seems to love it)
Stainless clutch line
Z1 CSC Eliminator
New Master Cylinder w/ Motul
Z1 Poly Trans Mount (eliminate sloppy gear engagement)

While I'm at it, figured I'd throw on an oil cooler.
Z1 kit; 25 row Setrab, thermal plate, wrapped lines

Not planning on doing any engine mods besides maybe intake/exhaust.

I'm hoping that these parts will let me enjoy my DD a bit more while also protecting it in the long run. Anything important that I'm missing?
dant1127 is offline   Reply With Quote