View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 06:15 PM   #502 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blak max View Post
Not sure on how or if this works.. My steering wheel can move but car ignition won't go past lock.. Lights and horn work , windows won't work and gauge cluster won't come on..only thing that comes on is the push clutch and press start symbol. Looks like it maybe the steering lock even though the car fax shows its been replaced.. I cut the brown wire and I have still have nothing... If the bcm is looking for a signal from the steering lock how can I trick it into operation? Car battery is new
The wire has to be cut (or fuse removed) while the steering column lock pin is retracted (unlocked) and making the internal limit switch. Clipping it after the ESCL has failed only makes things worse. As far as I know, there is no (practical) way to bypass/hotwire the ESCL.