Thread: Wiring Harness
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 02:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
runningaarond
Base Member

Drives: 10 370Z Bk Conv
runningaarond is on a distinguished road
Default Convertible Wiring Harness

So, I gotta add to your original story from a few years ago...

I purchased a 2010 370Z Convertible Touring model from Boulder Nissan in 2014. It was certified pre-owned and they told me it came with a warranty. It was awesome, for the first 9 months. Then I noticed the top started to wear in one location. I also noticed that one of the plastic covers on the top had been getting stuck in position.

So, I took it to the dealer to find out that I indeed did NOT have a complete warranty and that the 3rd party warranty that they gave me only covered the powertrain. It also turns out that the top had been replaced twice already. Complete replacement with motor and all. There was no warranty on that work, I suppose. Nissan wanted to charge me $7000 to replace the motor that was going out and causing the mechanism to fail, which subsequently caused uneven wear on the top. I thought that was ridiculous so I took it to a local mechanic who was able to do a complete overhaul of the motor using the same company that Nissan uses and it was going to save me $3000.

Then they found that the wiring harness had been kinked in the mechanism, the computer that controls the top was bad, the mechanism was beyond repair and the top, having been sitting for so long with the mechanism not working properly, has a hole in it. Now the dealer wants $17,000 to replace the top and everything in it.

I called Nissan corporate who said they would take care of it only to come back 2 weeks later and say they are unable to help me with any part of this car and to not call back. i was nothing but polite and ecstatic when they called to tell me it was originally going to be taken care of.

Well, I just got my car back from the local mechanic and he was able to secure the top down, but not completely. We're still looking for a wiring harness and computer. I'm more than dissatisfied with Nissan and, after owning 2 (this being my 2nd) I will never buy one, nor recommend one to anyone. I'm so completely let down.

How's that for service?
runningaarond is offline   Reply With Quote