View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 09:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
YzGyz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Nismo
YzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond repute

Just got out the shower and went out to do a quick oil and coolant check. Both are good. It's still green in the radiator and the oil is smack in the middle of the two dots.

My new theory is that my battery was low from the Exa pump running for hours. I was giving it a good bit of gas when I was cranking her. When she finally turned, she rolled over rich and poff, black smoke.

As for the pump, that can simply be a separate thing but coincidentally happen at the same time. Maybe just a bad wire (hard fit when wiggling the cover over the big fuse box.)

I was thinking a minor head lift could be possible. However, I doubt it as I'm on spring pressure at like 7.5 lbs. I plan to drain the oil and see if it comes out milky to confirm that the coolant and oil are not mixing.

Off to dream land I go. Guys /gals, keep brainstormin for ideas while I'm snoozing.

YzGyz
YzGyz is offline   Reply With Quote