View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 01:19 AM   #38 (permalink)
fzgood
Base Member

Drives: '13 370z 6MT TS PW
fzgood has a reputation beyond reputefzgood has a reputation beyond reputefzgood has a reputation beyond reputefzgood has a reputation beyond reputefzgood has a reputation beyond reputefzgood has a reputation beyond reputefzgood has a reputation beyond reputefzgood has a reputation beyond reputefzgood has a reputation beyond reputefzgood has a reputation beyond reputefzgood has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your awkward situation. As far as legal solutions go, it depends on what you want out of this.

Are you worried that the condition of your wheels could have had something to do with the accident?

Do you want money?

In any case, if someone is borrowing wheels, small claims court really isn't worth your time. They don't have money for you. You can sue your friend's insurance company but without knowing about his coverage, there's no projection on what you can get out of it. In any case, you can wait some time - so do what everyone here is telling you to: wait an appropriate amount of time for your friend and just ask if they'll pay you for it.

If they agree, send an e-mail and sum up what you talked about, maybe tell him hey thanks for being cool about the wheels, hard times, etc... here are the ones i was thinking of, let me know when a good time is for you to buy for me.

If you're in a place where you have to sue someone, trust me, it's not worth the cost of wheels.

also, if he believes your wheels caused his accident, you'll want to proceed with caution.

my advice: this doesn't sound personal. it's just (a little) money, save up and replace.
fzgood is offline   Reply With Quote