View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 05:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
YzGyz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Nismo
YzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Black smoke out back, engine splutter

Last night I get out of work and start the engine. I see a little smoke come out the engine bay. I cut the engine off and pop the hood. First place I take a look is the Rad overflow/refill tank. It was empty. Hum..... I though. That's very rare in any car. So, I go grab some water and fill her up and start her back up. All is well and I drove 25 miles home no problem no nothing. I did not get into much boost if any. I sit in the car for a good 40 sec and then cut the engine with according to the gauge is only 180 deg (raining here). I cut the engine but and got out the car. As I approached the driver side wheel, I heard a humm. I suspect it was the Exa pump for the oil return. Once again I thought, weird and took a peek at the rad overflow again. The tank was full. I thought good. I go back in and press the start button then off again to see if that would turn it off, no luck. I was tired and didn't have the energy or patience to stand in the drizzle to mess with it. So I disconnect the battery and went to bed.

I wake up and my brother tells me he tried to move the car but the car is acting funny. He said it turns over but splutters to life and blows black smoke out the back. so he cut the engine off. I go out and try to start her and she almost don't want to turn over. I have to give her a goodly amount of gas for her to turn over. The engine dies and cut off shortly after. So weird. I did have a MAF code not long ago. I have not have time to plug UpRev in to check for anything but any Ideas?

I'm totally lost as to WTH is going on. So weird! Anyhoo, off to work I go. I'll have to try and figure this out tomorrow or have her towed to get fixed.
I also just unhooked the battery in case the Exact tried to come on.

Thanks in advance
YzGyz

Last edited by YzGyz; 11-01-2015 at 05:58 PM.
YzGyz is offline   Reply With Quote