View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 01:57 PM   #35 (permalink)
VABAM
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with VDC off.
VABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
So is speeding, and possessing a laser/radar detector (in certain states).

And unless the LEO is a moron or didn't calibrate their laser/radar device, though the laser can scatter, the margin of error is typically minimal and spot-on. Even with the older laser/radar guns, they will know if a car is equipped with a jammer because once they scan that car, it will show up as blank.

I've owned my share of detectors and it always has alerted me whenever I have been scanned, though luckily I wasn't speeding. IMO, the detectors only give the driver a FALSE sense of security that s/he won't get caught, but to each their own.
I agree that radar detectors give people a false sense of security. I mainly use one for informational purposes. Like to know when the man is watching. Especially when on out of state road trips!

It is not illegal to posses/own a radar/detector in any state. Now the use of a detector is illegal only in VA and DC (military bases too). Any body that says that owning a radar detector in VA is illegal doesn't know what they are talking about. I live in VA and I do not use my detector I while in VA. When I travel out of state I have my detector buried in the trunk until I cross the state line.

Now some states do have laws regarding things being attached to/ blocking your windshield which in a way prohibits the use of a detector. This just means that you just have to get more creative in mounting one.