View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 01:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
dant1127
Base Member

Drives: NA
dant1127 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
FUCK!

In Texas, make sure you have uninsured motorists coverage, too.
I definitely keep uninsured, and I've always had comprehensive just to be safe. What I did learn, though, is that I've been guilty of sticking with the default coverage dollar amounts. I've been a bit naive with insurance over the years, and since I don't cause wrecks and I've never had a nice car it didn't matter. But, this woman's insurance is paying more to fix my Z than my last 4 cars put together cost... made me look into things a bit deeper.

Now that we have a 370Z and a new Maxima, I looked over my policy and realized just how crappy default coverage amounts are here in TX. Basically, if one of us were at fault, and we hit a nice car, we would have been liable for thousands. 30K property damage doesn't stretch far if 2 cars that cost over 40k collide ....

If any of you out there haven't picked through your policy, I would take the time. It could save you some major money if you're ever at fault, or if you're hit by an uninsured/under insured motorist. Full Coverage may sound safe and cozy, but it isn't as Comprehensive as it sounds. Hah! SWIDT?!
dant1127 is offline   Reply With Quote