Thread: Bmw m2
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 08:53 PM   #74 (permalink)
tag824
Base Member

Drives: 335is
tag824 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelidat View Post
A friend of mine who tracks a lot and is actually an instructor with a HPDE instructor said the m4 felt squishy and that the steering feel was horrible. He basically says the m4 sucks (current gen, not the older ones). Anyhow, I spec-ed out a m4 and ende up at 77k so a m2 would def be over 60k (DCT). I'm not a faa of the looks of the m2, though. I'm hoping the q60 coupe will be ood or the next Z will be. Steering feel is my biggest concern with the new cars though since they all seem to be going the electronic steering route.
I've seen lots of reviews that upon their first drives came to the same conclusion about the M4 not "feeling" right. On later test rides these same reviewers made changes to the M settings (Comfort, Sport or Sport +) for steering, dampers and throttle response. They went from being displeased with the car to raving about it. Electronic steering sucks pretty much all around and the M4 is no exception but the electric steering for it is better than most others and its a technology that's here to stay. If anyone thinks the Q60 or next Z won't have it, keep dreaming.
tag824 is offline   Reply With Quote