View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 11:12 AM   #27 (permalink)
Bshields22
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 Black 370Z-R
Bshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper 104 View Post
Great, except where the popo still run K band. Filter that and you could be bear meat. I took a trip across WA state this past summer. I was just in the process of getting my setup dialed in and was getting a constant stream of K alerts from behind me. I was ready to just pull the plug on the V1 and give up I was so pissed. Just then a WA State patrol cruiser passed me and the K alerts switched to originating ahead of me. The cop pulled away and then over onto the shoulder a few miles ahead waiting, hoping to nab one of us in the pack he just passed. When I got there he didn't even gun us. We were all on the limit and he could see he wasn't gonna get anyone. When I got home I checked that website....sure enough; WA Staties still run some K band.
The biggest bummer is some of the newer cars with lane divergence and blind spot warning stuff set off K, so that can be a drag. YaV1 can be set to automatically filter particular frequencies so that's one of the advantages to running it along with a V1. I wouldn't be able to put up with the V1 squawking all the time without it.

Interesting. Thanks for the insight. Perhaps CA, NV and AZ use Ka only. Who knows...maybe i like to live dangerously lol
Bshields22 is offline   Reply With Quote