View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 04:33 AM   #149 (permalink)
jchammond
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13’ 370Z TS 7A/T
jchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
Anti-seize will not cause the nuts to come loose if they are torqued to the proper value. It does provide some lubrication for the threads, so, if you're real picky, you may want to adjust tightening torque. It works great at preventing rust/corrosion/galling (if you are using stainless-on-stainless fasteners, some form of anti-seize is a must to minimize galling) and makes removal much easier.
I know this is an old thread; but i've been using antiseize for over 25 years,,,originally started on heavy trucks (with Budd wheels) and carried on from there.
never had an issue with stripped or broken studs-i even use on my ~Z~
I was looking up to see what people were torquing their wheels too & 80ft.lbs. seems a bit weak.....i've been evenly torquing mine to 100ft.lbs. without any issues.

http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...s-musings.html
jchammond is offline   Reply With Quote