View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 02:50 PM   #550 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Update: The Z is running strong. Now that I have had some time to evaluate its performance I can say that it is a contender.

My friend here has a 2011 CTS-V with straight pipes, injectors, intake, lower pulley and tune. He put down 560whp and 550wtq on the same dyno.

We took our cars out to a very open toll way interstate north of the city and had a chance to really open them up. The results were literally neck and neck. He would get me on the initial stomp down due to his instant torque and I would fall back to about his rear tires, but that is as far as I would drop behind and then we would just stay at that distance from 2nd through 5th.

Pretty damn impressive to be hanging with that beast of a car with those mods. Basically, had I had only a fourth of a tank of gas I would have taken him on every pull. Vice versa however.

Loving the car. Oh, and I put a Vortech Max Race BPV on it and it sounds much better. I think the Turbosmart Kompact is just too small. The 1" opening and exit can not handle the amount of air that this thing produces. Even after I got the spring just right it still didn't sound how I wanted it to. It sounded like it was struggling very hard to release that amount of air, and it was. The vortech has a 1.5" opening to get all that air out when it needs to.

Also, I have accepted a kick *** position up in the Minneapolis area that I am super stoked about.

So, we will see what this setup can do at only 869ft of elevation vs 5280 here at mile high! I am guessing I will make about 3 more psi and pick up 60whp. That 500whp mark is about to go down! Only bad part is I won't really be able to drive it until spring now. Not sure I will have it retuned before then.