View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 01:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
SharkBite
Base Member

Drives: '09 370z Coupe
SharkBite is on a distinguished road
Default Short Block, what else?

Hey the370 members,
So I guess my 2009 MT/Sport was lucky enough to have the oil consumption problem. First noticed safe-mode at 97.8k, towed and changed oil. Happened again at 100.3k and didn't even touch the dipstick! Must be 4 quarts burnt.

So I'm getting a new shortblock at 100,500 miles. Which seems appropriate considering I drive the thing like an F1 car... But I was wondering what other major replacements within the next 20,000 miles given I drive the car hard?

Just got a new clutch, slave cylinder, and master cylinder.

Would it be a good idea to replace my brake lines?

Do I need to replace my suspension? I've been running KW V1's without a rebuild for 50,000 miles and am now worried about wear on other components. If necessary I could replace all of it being that I drive hard and safety is paramount.

Are the differential and gearing fine without replacement?

Are there any parts of my fuel system that I should replace which Nissan will not unless requested?

Please, if there is anything you sincerely think needs replacement, let me know. I appreciate your time and yes, I realize a driver mod probably would have been a quick fix for my oil consumption.