View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 03:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
ReeceZ
Base Member

Drives: 370ZR
ReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default My auto Z's custom exhaust

I know custom exhausts are not very popular on this forum but I took the chance and did it anyway. First off, being from South Africa we don't have the options of all the different brands. I originally considered a Fast Intentions system but it was not feasible for me to get it shipped here. Which was the only reason. The system and customer service from Fast Intentions is excellent. So considering option 2, a custom exhaust, a lot of research went into finding someone that could do the build as the 370Z is not a common car in my country. I contacted the owner at Experience Performance who has been in the exhaust building game for years now. The system did take a while to build but he wanted to design it properly. And wow, it was worth the wait. I never fully understood how excited guys used to get about new exhaust systems until I heard it on the first start. The stock cats have been removed. No CEL light . There is a hiss on deceleration, as expected. There is also drone, but not as bad as I thought. I can still drive it 'quietly', no issues with listening to music or talking on the bluetooth speaker or to a passenger. Driving on the highway just is quiet once I get up to 120km/h (80mph). Still getting used to it all, but overall, very happy. It sounds very Italian . The downshift rev matches sound like a gunshot. I didn't take too many pics of it on the lift. Will upload more videos soon

Last edited by ReeceZ; 11-12-2015 at 02:31 AM.
ReeceZ is offline   Reply With Quote