View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 10:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
WI_Hedgehog
Base Member

Drives: 2015 Slingshot SL
WI_Hedgehog is on a distinguished road
Default Update on bulb types

I tried going through official vendors on The370Z, but no bulb-love for me. Guess I'm on my own....awesome. I'm starting this project by frying up a pound of hickory-smoked thick-cut bacon...

The bulb types are in the Owner's Manual, which hopefully came with the car. If not, head to the Nissan website and download it:

https://owners.nissanusa.com/nowners...n/manualsGuide

See the section:
- Maintenance and do-it-yourself
-- EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR LIGHTS

The light types can possibly be cross referenced via Sylvania/OSRAM, but I find Rock Auto or Per-Accurate Inc. works better for me:

bulb socket

I can then Search the bulb type (like "T10 Backup") on Amazon or my favorite supplier site:

Banggood.com

For the Factory Service Manual, if you need it, head over to the Nissan/Infinity Owner's Club:

How To Use NICOclub.com

I also suggest reading up on installation via The370Z:

DIY: LED Install Reverse, License Plates, Trunk, and Map Lights

Note the Roadster has a cabin light between the passenger seats on the rear wall, which the coupe does not.

I also suggest considering clear dome light lenses from The Z Store:

Motorsport! GTR Dome Light Lens Kit, 09-15 370Z - The Z Store! Nissan-Datsun 240Z-260Z-280Z-280ZX-300ZX(Z31/Z32)-350Z-370Z Parts

As a side note, CREE is the most copied SMD LED in the world, and most items coming out of China (or off Amazon) are not using genuine CREE SMDs. I get an idea of how a lamp fixture performs via the CREE website:

Commercial MR16 LED Lamp | Cree LM Series | Cree Lighting
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bacon.jpg (714.8 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by WI_Hedgehog; 10-21-2015 at 02:53 PM.
WI_Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote