View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 11:03 PM   #3176 (permalink)
axmea?
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: WELL ZED PW 6MT
axmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z&I View Post
The Nature Pro's use a strobe set up for shots like this ... set up off camera and remotely fired.
Allows better depth and also almost completely stops movement [except perhaps for the wing tips]
Sharpness is greatly improved and you get more detail as well.
One of my friends photographs birds and insects this way ... He does get some great shots but he does throw away a lot of them too.
I get it. Light is my friend on this one. Certainly don't have the right equipment but I think I understand how it should be set up. I'm still learning about how lighting make shots great/detailed or ugly and over exposed shots. On this one, I happen to be right there so it was in the moment and wouldn't know how to stage it properly which is almost what you have to do to get the depth and detail. I think if the feeder was not at the eave and out in the open, I'd get the natural light I need and done a much better job. I have better understanding. Thanks!

>MyZ's Album< NISMO Convert/ECUTEK/Takeda CAI/F.I. HFC NR CB Carbon/F.I. 34 Row Oil Cooler/4.08 Final Drive /Powertrix+Swifts/Hotchkis/SPL/Whiteline/TWM/Zoom Engineering/EVO-R/AeroJacket Vented CF Fenders + CF Spoiler/Avant Garde-WORK/NST/Morimoto Halo/STi Clear Lenses/Carbon Signal Automotive/RJM Performance/ZSpeed Clutch Flywheel CSC delete

Last edited by axmea?; 10-20-2015 at 11:24 PM.
axmea? is offline   Reply With Quote