View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 02:28 AM   #16 (permalink)
Eagle
Track Member

Drives: 2011 370z Red 6MT
Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmoked View Post
Details about the auto tranny failure? Miles?
I think you asked me this question over PM, so im pretty much copy pasting what i sent you before.

Right now I'm at around 50k. The transmission was replaced at around 20k, 30k and 40k so it seems like the damn things are failing after every 10k miles. I do like to give the gas pedal a work out so as you can imagine i enjoy driving it. It's been through numerous canyon runs, 4 track days and it was my only daily driver for the past 3 years.

I'm thinking the problems were caused by one of the following or a combination of them
  1. Transmission oil was getting too hot
  2. Transmission oil needed to be changed ALOT sooner than the recommended interval by Nissan
  3. Electrical issues with a wire harness that carrys a circuit from the ECU to the TCM (transmission control module)

I added a trans oil cooler almost immediately after the last time it was replaced under warranty. I believe that oil cooler is making a huge difference in the long run for my car. Also the oil has been changed probably about 3 - 4 times since I got the oil cooler installed.

So far so good this time around, no problems with the transmission yet...keeping fingers crossed

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

nismo| EVO-R High Wing | Stillen Gen 3 CAI | SEIBON TS Hood | Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler | VMR 810 Wheels | Endless MX72 Pads |Sabelt GT-140 Seat |Fly1Motorsports RS1 Fenders | Hotchkis Front Sway Bar | Berk HFC |

Last edited by Eagle; 10-19-2015 at 02:31 AM.
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote